Low-Quantity Extremely-Excessive Efficiency EV
The Ariel Motor Firm is well-known for his or her superior dealing with sports activities automotive, the Atom. This exoskeleton-design two-seater is mostly powered by a turbocharged 2.0-liter Honda Kind R engine with 245 horsepower and 350 pound-feet of torque, and a 6-speed guide driving the rear wheels. Sound enjoyable? It’s, however cling on a minute.
Ariel has introduced the all-new Hipercar EV, or Excessive Efficiency Carbon Discount, that’s scheduled to be out there in 2024.
Here’s what we all know up to now.
- Absolutely enclosed carbon fiber physique constructed on a light-weight aluminum chassis
- Two seats
- Single electrical motor for rear wheel drive
- 4, in-board electrical wheel motors for all-wheel drive (One motor for every wheel)
- Cosworth 62 kWh lithium-ion battery, 800-volt system
- All-electric driving vary: 150 miles with out optionally available 35 kW gasoline turbine vary extender
- Low quantity, restricted manufacturing
- Inbuilt Somerset, England, United Kingdom
Single Motor: Rear Wheel Drive
- 590 horsepower
- 664 pound-feet of torque
4 Motors: All Wheel Drive
- 1,180 horsepower
- 1,327 pound-feet of torque
- 0-60 underneath 2.09 seconds; 100 mph in 4.4 seconds
Pricing and Availability
The Arial Hipercar EV is projected go on sale in 2024. Pricing has not been introduced. Extra information is at https://www.arielmotor.co.uk/.
Observations: 2024 Ariel Hipercar EV
Having pushed the Ariel Atom, at Weathertech Raceway Laguna Seca in Monterey, California, I can inform you it’s an absolute blast. Getting behind the wheel of the Ariel Hipercar EV, with both double or triple the efficiency specs, must be certainly one of life’s nice experiences!
Clear Fleet Report needs we may inform you extra, however like us you’ll have to wait over the approaching months for Ariel to leak-out extra tidbits.
Be sure to opt-in to the Clean Fleet Report e-newsletter (prime proper of web page) to be notified of all new tales and car opinions, together with the newest on the Ariel HIPERCAR.
Story by John Faulkner. Photographs by Ariel Motor Firm.